Sunday 21 March 2010

Wrestle Mania XXVI Build-Up



Wrestle Mania XXVI is next weekend and for me who has fallen out of love with the WWE product for a long time, the build up is making want to see this show. There are some match-ups that were predictable but yet, still worth looking forward to.

The big match is of course The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels with the streak of Undertaker against the career of Michaels. Of course these two met each other at last years Wrestle Mania with of course Undertaker coming out victorious in what was probably the best match in WM history but that is a whole different discussion. Many are saying, the streak will and should be protected. Both guys will be taking time off after WM but that is a side issue, I think, Michaels may win and then at WM XXVII they will have a 'rubber' match. If Michaels doesn't lose and retire this year I think that it maybe next year and yet I also think Undertaker was looking at retiring in 2011 so it's anybodies guess. Either way, they have a lot to live up to as far as last years match goes but here's hoping they do.

The next 'big' match is of course Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon in a 'streetfight'. Way before it was announced people knew this was going to happen and now we know it will be. The build up has been quite good, the angle with Bret having his leg broke was a bit hokey but the end result that led to the swerve on Vince from Bret with the fact that his leg wasn't broken and it was all a roos to get McMahon to agree to the match was very good, again, something I thought was going to happen but still was entertaining. Bret has got a lot better since the angle has begun. I am hoping for a complete beatdown of Vince and hope Bret is protected because of his well known medical issues. I think, because of the back story between these two, Vince might want to think about his PG14 views and 'let the blood spill' in this.

Anyway, that's it for now, more to follow. Please let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Nice start, mate. Look forward to reading more.

    - Martyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty much at the same place as you.

    I've only been watching WWE on and off but the build-up to Mania has been immence and I can't wait for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Haven't read through the 60 yet but a good idea a great read when I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete