Sunday 7 April 2013

Wrestle Mania 29 Predictions By Daniel Bradley



With just hours to go until the most anticipated professional wrestling event of the year, Wrestlemania 29 seems, well, to be honest not that special. Don’t get me wrong, I will be buying it, I will be watching it and if it’s anything like last year I will enjoy it. However, we have a few rematches, a few matches that have just been thrown together…and even the other matches have had little or no real build heading into the “Grandest Stage of them All”. I also feel like WWE have booked the matches and build up in such a way that it is going to be very predictable.

The Miz vs. Wade Barrett [c]
This match will be on the Pre Show, something that many WWE fans decide to not bother watching. I think WWE are aware of this and will start making it more interesting by making title changes occur. Wade Barrett recently got made to look like a joke by Triple-H. The Miz has recently been given Ric Flair as a mentor and has been allowed to use the figure four leg lock as a signature move. Who do you think WWE is more invested in? People are talking about heel turns, who is it going to be? Will it be Sheamus, Orton or Cena?  If indeed someone does turn heel, WWE are already lacking top faces. I think they are going to start to push Miz to the top again and I think it starts here.

Prediction: The Miz wins and becomes the new Intercontinental Champion

WWE Tag Titles: Team Hell No [c] vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston 
I think this match will show Big E as a massive threat and he will be the one we are talking about after the match. After seeing him out muscle Kane on RAW, I feel that this is they way they are going to go.

Prediction: Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango
Fandango or the gimmick is going to debut against Chris Jericho – who faced CM Punk last year. That tells me that WWE have a lot of hope for him. However, I don’t think they risk having Jericho lose if the Fandango gimmick flops. Chris Jericho will make him look good, but I don’t see him losing.

Prediction: Chris Jericho wins

Ryback vs. Mark Henry
I would have liked this match to have had a longer build because it’s a match that makes sense. Mark Henry was running through everyone, he got injured and then Ryback showed up and he ran through everyone. Mark Henry is back to show he is the more dominant force. Mark Henry is nearing the end of his career and Ryback is just getting started in his WWE main event run. Also Ryback needs a big win after all the screwy finishes at the end of 2012, not winning the Royal Rumble and then losing at Elimination Chamber.

Prediction: Ryback wins

The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Sheamus & Big Show 
This is a match that has sort of been thrown together. Yes, there has been build up but it has been really simple build that anyone could do. *The Shield attack Orton, Sheamus and Big Show. Big Show turns face to help take down The Shield*. It’s very boring. I have not been remotely interested in this storyline. Sheamus and Big Show were feuding not long ago. I just can’t buy into it. If WWE want to continue, what I believe is the most interesting group in years, they have to give them a big win at Wrestlemania and I can’t imagine them dropping the ball this time.

Prediction: The Shield win

No Holds Barred: Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
This match has actually been booked pretty well in my opinion. Brock Lesnar got heat by “breaking” Triple-H’s arm, twice, “breaking” Shawn Michaels’ arm, beating Triple-H at SummerSlam, attacking Vince McMahon and attacking the New Age Outlaws. All this plus the fact that Triple-H’s career is “on the line” makes me believe that he will reign victorious. Perhaps they have a rubber match at Extreme Rules and Lesnar goes over but I can’t see Triple-H losing for the third time in a row at Wrestlemania.

Prediction: Triple H wins and saves his career

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk 
Week, after week, after week CM Punk & Paul Heyman have disrespected Paul Bearer from mocking from his “Oh Yes” catch phrase; to dressing up like him to juggling and dropping the urn.  On the last episode of RAW CM Punk emptied the contents of the urn onto Undertaker as he stood tall above him. Now, given the fact that Paul Bearer has recently just passed away (RIP) and the fact that Punk has got the upper hand for the entire build…it looks to be a safe bet that 21-0 will appear on the ‘titantron’ after the match.

Prediction: The Undertaker wins and goes 21-0

World Title: Alberto Del Rio [c] vs. Jack Swagger
I’m not going to lie, when Jack Swagger won the Elimination Chamber and it became official that this would be the World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania I thought the build would be terrible, the match would be terrible and who ever came up with the idea would be fired. However, it seems like heading into Wrestlemania, this is the best built match on the card. Alberto Del Rio has surprised me; he is a better face than I thought he would be. A lot of that is down to him having such a likeable “manager” in Ricardo Rodriguez, but still. I think WWE is going to continue to push Del Rio as a face and so I don’t think he is going to lose.

Prediction: Alberto Del Rio wins and remains World Heavyweight Champion

WWE Title Match: The Rock [c] vs. John Cena
Wrestlemania 28 – Miami, Sun Life Stadium; The Rock pins John Cena in the main event. Right there I knew; John Cena will get his shot at redemption at Wrestlemania 29 and I was correct. Only about 99.5% of the WWE fans were correct, that’s how predictable WWE are. Everyone knew they would have a rematch this year and everyone knows what the outcome is probably going to be. John Cena didn’t have a great 2012; he lost at Wrestlemania to The Rock, he lost to Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk, heck even Johnny Ace beat him. The only way having him lose to The Rock again would make any sense is if it was to trigger a heel turn. A heel turn that I want, the rest of the fans want and I would not be surprised if even John Cena himself wanted. However we all know how many times it has been predicted and has yet to happen and as much as I hope it does; I just can’t see it.

Prediction: John Cena wins and becomes the WWE Champion

No comments:

Post a Comment